By the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 472 dated 08/10/2020, amendments and additions were made to the Resolution No. 66 dated 01/30/2018 and the "Rules for the import and export of cash currency of the Republic of Uzbekistan and cash foreign currency by individuals through the customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan were updated."
In accordance with these Rules, the following is established:
1. The import by individuals of foreign currency cash into the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan is carried out in unlimited quantities, in compliance with the rules of customs control.
2. The cash currency of the Republic of Uzbekistan and / or cash foreign currency imported and exported by individuals in excess of the amount equivalent to 70,000,000 (seventy million) soums is subject to customs control by declaring it and presenting it to the customs officer.
The passenger customs declaration indicates the entire amount of imported and exported funds.
3. Cash in foreign currency in an amount equal to or not exceeding the equivalent of 70,000,000 (seventy million) soums may also be declared at the request of an individual.
EXPORT OF CASH FUNDS
1. Cash in foreign currency within the amount equal to or not exceeding the equivalent of 100,000,000 (one hundred million) soums, are exported by individuals outside the Republic of Uzbekistan without restrictions, in compliance with the rules of customs control.
Export outside the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan of foreign currency cash in excess of the established amount is allowed only in the following cases:
At the same time, it is allowed to export foreign currency cash outside the Republic of Uzbekistan within the balance after using, in accordance with the requirements of legal acts on the territory of the republic, funds in foreign currency in cash imported by non-resident individuals on the basis of a passenger customs declaration completed upon entry into the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. Transfer of the document, which is the basis for the export of foreign currency cash in excess of the equivalent of 100,000,000 (one hundred million) soums, to other persons is not allowed.
The use of a document, which is the basis for the export of cash foreign currency by an individual outside the Republic of Uzbekistan, is carried out once and in the future this document is not considered a basis for re-export of cash in foreign currency.
3. Individuals are responsible for the reliable and correct declaration of currency in cash when crossing the customs border of the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the legislation.
* * *
The actions of customs officials can be appealed by an individual in the manner prescribed by law.
These Rules do not apply to persons with diplomatic immunity.
And find out about our new promotions, hotels, last minute tours, the best deals of the week!